Petrol pricing (was Re: Something broke)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Petrol pricing (was Re: Something broke)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 00:03:35 +1030
Jon Tabor wrote:

> I'd kill for $1.89/gallon.  Up here in the Portland, OR area regular
> unleaded (yes!  The cheap stuff!) is going for anywhere from $2.07/gallon
> to $2.15/gallon.
>
> So no lead-footing it for me.  I can't afford to!

OK, we haven't done one of these for a couple of weeks.

Remind me - how many litres in a US gallon?  4.5?

Cause if it is 4.5 then I am currently paying $US4.25 per gallon at the
pump ("premium" unleaded - 98 octane).

So what is that?  In round figures about $US3.00 per gallon?

And you are complaining?  Do you know how much oil we drag out of the
ground here?

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII