Re: Petrol pricing (was Re: Something broke)

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petrol pricing (was Re: Something broke)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:07:24 -0600
Actually, a US gallon is a little less than 4 litres. But I know what you
are saying - when I was in London, petrol was selling for about 70p per
litre. With our cheap dollar, that converts to more than $5/gallon. Here in
the US, however, the economy is very much dependant on cheap petrol. Sure
our government could tax our petrol to give us similar rates, but they have
other means to extract our money.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B