Re: electronic ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 00:27:16 EDT
Bernie,

I have one in my B, A, Magnette and Mini and that is always the first thing
that I install.  You will find you will have to adjust your timing most likely
when you first intall it, but after than unless you move your dist. you will
not have to retime it again.  If you dist. cam is a bit worn the Pertronix will
help in this area.

If you put in a hotter coil such as the Lucas Sport coil or the Petronix
Flame Thrower Coil you will be able to increase the gap on your plugs about
.05.

Grassroots Motorsport did a dyno test on the units about two years ago and I
recall the Pertronix gave the B about 4 more HP at the rear wheels.  Your
engine will run smoother, start better and you will get overall better
performance.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co. / Vintage Motors, LTD.
http://www.LBCarCo.com

Also visit the premier MGA Website
http://www.namgar.com

In a message dated 5/10/2004 8:36:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,