RE: electronic ignition

To: "'Don Vierling'" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>, <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Subject: RE: electronic ignition
From: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:58:22 -0500
Now, you just peaked my interest.  I have not regapped the plugs (and did
not get the flamethrower coil as well).  I have basically just removed the
points/condenser and installed the Pertonix in the B (haven't even gapped
the unit yet).  Is the consensus for installing these to:

1.  Remove points and condenser
2.  File the hole in the base plate to be slotted so we can set the gap
3.  Install the unit
4.  Set the gap (using the plastic thingie in the box and the newly slotted
hole)
5.   Reinstall the distributor and connect wires to coil
6.  Gap the plugs to .035

Still sounds like a 10 minute process, I may have to make sure I have all my
ducks in row this weekend.  I did think it was odd that they gave you the
plastic "guage" to gap it, but did not include an adjustable baseplate.  I
do really like the module, can't wait to actually install it correctly.  As
it, it has already made such an improvement.

Thoughts on a new coil (high voltage)?  Mine is working, measures out good,
and is only a couple of months old (though just the standard autozone/pep
boys coils).

TJ