Re: Tube shocks on MGC

To: schultejim@msn.com, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tube shocks on MGC
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:47:33 EST
In a message dated 17/11/2004 1:23:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
schultejim@msn.com writes:

I don't disagree with what you have said, but what was left out of the
conversation was that I had the tubes laying around from my 70B. When I bought
it,
I replaced the springs and the tubes made it a very hard ride. So I put
levers on it from a parts car.  Now, I've run out of money for the time  being
and
the C lever shocks are leaking badly. So I put the tubes on  temporarily,
until I save some $$$$ to rebuild them.

Sounds like reasonable motivation to me,  Jim.

Stick the tube shocks on while you get the Armstrongs  rebuilt. Set them soft
(assuming they are adjustable) so you put less stress  on the attachment
points, in case they do turn out to be weak.

BTW - I have one or two Konis for the rear of a B (or C)  if anyone wants
them - brand new and never used. I'll just have to have a dig  for them.....

Bill