Still working on the rear springs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still working on the rear springs
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:26:45 -0400
I've gotten the U-bolts off, and now I'm working on the front bolts.  The nots
are off on both sides.  One bolt turns but will not skid out (yes, I've hit it
with a hammer, repeatedly).  The other side is rusted in place and won't turn.
Both sides have gotten B'Laster for a couple of weeks now.  I tried the torch,
but mostly got smoke from the bushings.  I also tried a reciprocating saw, but
can't quite get it in place without snapping the blade on the rear of the
mounting point.  The saw is blocked by the jack stand holding up the car at
other angles.

Any other suggestions?  I'm not looking forward to the rear shackles, as
there's even less room to work there.

--Steve (1980 MGB)