RE: Still working on the rear springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Still working on the rear springs
From: cat_tail@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:02:01 +0000
Steve;
 I did mine a couple months ago; mine's an MGA though....
 I used a hacksaw blade inserted in one of those tools/handles (4 to 7 dollars)
in which you insert one end of the blade into the "handle", tighten it, and
proceed..  One way of picturing the tool is to imagine a knife; the tool is the
handle of the knife and the hacksaw blade is the blade of the knife.  It was
the only way I could think of to get the bloody bolt out of there. I just
resigned myself into accepting that I'd be spending the next couple hours on my
back sawing away until I got tired, then resting, sawing, resting, etc. Took me
the better part of an afternoon.

-Rick