RE: Still working on the rear springs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Still working on the rear springs
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:41:44 -0400
I used the nut buster to remove the nut, but the bolt is frozen.  I had
started to use a Dremel cut-off disk to cut off the end of the bolt, but
I think I really want to cut the bolt between the spring eye and the
hanger, rather than on the outside - I don't have enough room to get the
cut-off disk down to the bolt.

I had also tried a hacksaw, which worked well on the front suspension
pivot bolt, but kept getting caught up in the rubber bushing.  On the
side where the bolt turns but doesn't slide out, I tried a C-clamp and a
ball joint remover, both unsuccessfully.

My next move is to reposition the jack stands (even thought it's right
where everyone told me to put it, just forward of the spring mounting,
when I asked a few weeks ago).  I'm keeping track of my time, so I can
report back to see how accurately people had estimates turn out to be.

--Steve