Re: [Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB
From: Charley Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 16:52:20 -0500

--------------5F97C6C0F587766901BBE1CB

You can get the old coolant out of the block by exchanging it for
water.   A couple of fills and drains ought to do it.  Or you can do it
by trickling water in at the top while letting it out at the bottom,
with the engine warmed up and running, until it runs out clear at the
bottom.  Then shut it down, drain it as completely as possible, button
it up and refill it with the coolant of your choice*after it cools down.
*I used to flush out rusty coolant this way when I was into flipping
cars to raise hobby money.

CR

--------------5F97C6C0F587766901BBE1CB

  <head>
  </head>
    You can get the old coolant out of the block by exchanging it for
    water.   A couple of fills and drains ought to do it.  Or you can do
    it by trickling water in at the top while letting it out at the
    bottom, with the engine warmed up and running, until it runs out
    clear at the bottom.  Then shut it down, drain it as completely as
    possible, button it up and refill it with the coolant of your choice<b>
      after it cools down.  </b>I used to flush out rusty coolant this
    way when I was into flipping cars to raise hobby money.  <br>
    CR<br>

--------------5F97C6C0F587766901BBE1CB--

--===============8931710749944073605==