Re: WINTER MOTORING

To: vandergraaft@aecl.ca, HOOGLY@aol.com
Subject: Re: WINTER MOTORING
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 00:24:43 EST
I've motorcycled in -15 F weather out of sheer necessity, but I wouldn't
recommend it as a fun thing to do.  I almost hurt myself.  What I want to know
is, how do the snowmobile people do it?  You can't snowmobile unless it's
stinking cold, but people go out flying around at 60-80 mph for hours on end
in horrible below-zero weather. I see them in their snowmobile suits and
gauntlet mittens and ski masks.  I've got all that stuff too, and I freeze if
I put it on and try to go any distance in a roadster or on a bike.  They just
tough or what?  Would a Ford 1600 even start if it were 15 or 20 below zero?

                                                        Lannis