RE: WINTER MOTORING

To: "'Bob Nogueira'" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: WINTER MOTORING
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 00:30:07 -0500
Bob at al,

Maybe I was not very clear with my exposition on winter motoring.  I
intended to talk only about closed cars.  You don't see many roadsters or
convertibles in winter around here; most people put these cars up for the
winter.  Your point about the top/hood is well taken.  The material that is
used in tops/hoods/tonneau covers seems to have a much greater coefficient
of expansion than Morgans and one can only extrapolate what happens below
freezing. I never busted a gut in putting a tonneau cover on, but lost a lot
of finger nails over the years.  Maybe tops were not meant to be put up (or
down) at temperatures much below freezing: if it's not up, leave it down
until the weather warms up.

Joyeux Noel/Merry Christmas

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4