Re: Late Model Plus 8 Question

To: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Subject: Re: Late Model Plus 8 Question
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 20:31:11 -0400
Michael,

My car is a wide-body NAS Plus 8 (R-11953) built in September-October
of 1998 with SPF wings. I know for a fact that long-doors were in production
in July, 1997, but that SPF did not come into regular use until perhaps
March-April, 1998. As it takes more than a little contemplation to note the
eccentricity you observe, I presume no good pubs were in the immediate
vicinity and you found yourself with too much time on your collective hands.

In all seriousness, my car shares the deviation you note, but I do not find
it objectionable. When you have some cars together again, it would be more
than a little interesting to discover whether this eccentricity is a function
of the long-door dimensions with the body itself having been altered to deal
with the changes in the cockpit, or whether it is merely a function of the
SPF rear wings. I suspect the former, so find a car with steel wings which
is a long-door and you will have your answer.

Regards,

Willie

P.S. Long-door Plus 4's are essentially the same chassis as Plus 8's and
        can be fitted with SPF wings. 4/4's cannot, on the other hand, be
fitted
        with SPF wings, even long-door versions like the Earls Court Show Car
        I hired from Bill Wykeham last July. Is this a clue? From the photos I
        have, it APPEARS to share this eccentricity. I will mail you a copy
of
        the jpg. separately for your review.