Re: brakes

To: DGreimel@aol.com, gdm@po.cwru.edu, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brakes
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:09:29 EDT
I had the slow seizing of brakes happen to me the other day, immobilizing the
car.  The brake pedal got higher and tighter, and the hotter the brakes got
the worse it got.  The problem turned out to be swollen seals in the front
calipers.  Bleeding the pressure off relieved the pressure till I touched the
brake pedal again, then the brakes locked anew.  It came home on the back of
a roll-body truck, and both calipers replaced.  Don't know what caused it;
probably combination of brake fluid incompatibilites and corrosion from long
disuse.

                                          Lannis