RE: brakes

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: brakes
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:10:25 -0700
Lannis,
Are you using silicone brake fluid? There is a technical article that I
recently pulled from John Twist at University motors that talks about the
issues with silicone break fluid. Apparently the problem is that in some of
the early brake master cylinders the flow-by valve seal swells up just
enough to inhibit the return of fluid after pressure is released from the
pedal. Therefore every time you use the brakes you build up pressure that is
not fully released and the brakes rotors or drums  heat up. A person thinks
it is in the calipers or drum cylinders when the problem is actually in the
master. I don't remember the exact route to the web page, but try to get
into the University Motors page and find the technical articles. I will also
look it up this evening when I return home and post it tomorrow.

Good luck,
Phil
67 +4