RE: brakes

To: morgans@autox.team.net, "Phil Roettjer" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Subject: RE: brakes
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:02:38 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:10:25   Phil Roettjer wrote:
Lannis,

Are you using silicone brake fluid? There is a technical article that I
recently pulled from John Twist at University motors that talks about the
issues with silicone break fluid. Apparently the problem is that in some of the
early brake master cylinders the flow-by valve seal swells up just
enough to inhibit the return of fluid after pressure is released from the
pedal. Therefore every time you use the brakes you build up pressure that is
not fully released and the brakes rotors or drums  heat up. A person thinks it
is in the calipers or drum cylinders when the problem is actually in the
master. I don't remember the exact route to the web page, but try to get into
the University Motors page and find the technical articles. I will also look it
up this evening when I return home and post it tomorrow.

>Good luck,
>Phil
>67 +4

The Twist article on Silicone brake fluid can be found in the Brakes section of
the All Morgan Tech section of the GoMoG site.

LMG