newsletters

Re: Scanners

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scanners
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:09:43 -0500
TATERRY@aol.com writes:

> I tried Seattle Filmworks for film developing and returned on floppies.  I
> thought this would work for turning color images into grayscale and pasteing
> into my newsletter.  Not so, the images are not sharp and will not reproduce
> well on a std xerox. Any thoughts?  If I use a scanner, will I have the same
> problem?

My comments on using a photo conversion & editing program still hold. (You can
read Photo CD format with most as well). For PC's, the shareware program Paint
Shop pro does all this, and more. You can try it for free, and pay only $59 to
register if you like it. (www.shareware.com) Once running, you can mess with
brightness, contrast, change resoultion (dpi), convert to  B & W, etc.
As far as using in a newsletter, look for find half-tone options in your
printer settings.

Roger Garnett  (rwg1@cornell.edu)  (607) 255-2522
CU Distance Education    distance-ed.arme.cornell.edu
Cornell University       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801