newsletters

Re: Scanners

To: TRGLORY@msn.com, newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scanners
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:50:59 -0500
In a message dated 96-10-19 16:50:33 EDT, Joe wrote:

<< A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled onto a scanner quite by accident while
 cruising the Internet. This unit is a full featured flatbed scanner called
 OpticPro 4800P made by Plustek (found them at www.plustek.com). At the time
 ordered, the price was $299 + S&H; this is the lowest price I have ever seen

 for a flatbed. And there is no configuration to do or cards to install in
your
 computer; you plug it into the printer port and then plug your printer into
 the scanner. Standard disclaimer applies - I have no connection with the
 company......blah, blah, blah.  >>

It turns out that these scanners are marketed by Egghead Software.  They
quoted me $250 +S&H.  I might go for this one.

I tried Seattle Filmworks for film developing and returned on floppies.  I
thought this would work for turning color images into grayscale and pasteing
into my newsletter.  Not so, the images are not sharp and will not reproduce
well on a std xerox. Any thoughts?  If I use a scanner, will I have the same
problem?
Terry