[Nobbc] Triumphs Only

To: 'North Bay British Car Club' <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Triumphs Only
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@srcity.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:04:56 -0700
Hey guys. I have been having cooling problems on my TR-6. I put in a 14"
electric fan after a complete engine rebuild a few years ago. The fan can't
keep the temp down on hot days and so often causes vapor lock issues. Oh well!
So, to resolve the problem I bought the newly recreated 13 blade belt driven
fan from Moss. This part had been out of production for at least 20 years. It
was designed to push enough air to solve the problems associated with the fuel
injection system cooling problems in the later TR-6s. One critical part in the
installation was missing from my parts, a fan extension Adaptor listed NA in
all available catalogs. Looked around locally and couldn't source one. Decided
on a whim to call someone I hadn't dealt with in years since there was Moss et
al available, Wayne Bier now operating out of Stockton. I bought from him on a
number of occasions in the late 70's through the 80s over the years I was
living in Santa Barbara

Wayne works almost exclusively through e-mail now. I e-mailed him yesterday
morning with info on the part I needed. Within a couple of hours he contacted
me and let me know he had to Adaptor on hand for $35. It was sent out
yesterday afternoon.

In talking with Wayne he let me know that he really didn't particularly like
to work but that he is still in business. Wayne has collected warehouses of
Triumph parts. So many that he has had to sell for scrap 8 TONS!! of parts and
equipment for Triumphs in the last couple of years. OH MY!! A large stockpile
remains. If you need it he likely has it. No doubt Wayne is out of the
ordinary and maybe a bit quirky but so are most of us.

Anyway if you are looking for those hard to find necessities I think he is the
go to guy. I have no financial interest but I know a good deal when I see it.
Just thought you would all like to know. His contact info is.

Wayne Bier, Owner
Triumphs Only
Stockton CA 95205
PH: 209-939-1020