Re: [Nobbc] Triumphs Only

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Triumphs Only
From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <hawkview@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:13:18 -0700
Wow.
I sure hope what I am about to describe isn't your problem.
When I went to a 2.2 on my Jensen Healey,  I had the head done in one place
and the bottom end done in another.  I lost my nerve and decided to have the
engine put together by a pro.  He was pretty smart and checked the bottom
end assembly.  Found that the side clearances on the rods were way out.  He
told me that I might have gotten 500 miles out of it as it was, but it would
have eventually seized up from overheating.  I got really lucky.
Not trying to scare you,
Clif
74 JH