Re: Turning brake rotor

To: "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>,
Subject: Re: Turning brake rotor
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:56:06 -0600
I think you are on the right track. Just go easy on those brakes the first
few miles and the shoes will clean up the drums. As long as they run true.
However, there is more ways for them to wear. Drums often wear a concave or
bell-shaped pattern. Takes a lathe to fix that.   Also, the likelihood is
that that old car will have plenty of meat to turn them further.
    If this is a restoration, with new shoes and hardware, do turn them. If
you are just trying to get an old car unning, you may get away with not
turning them.
    But hey, around here it's on $5 each to turn drums.

Rex Burkheimer
 J-CON Coordinator, WM Automotive Whse      Fort Worth TX
Texas Region SCCA     FC #19    SRX7 #39
rex@txol.net  rex@ceoexpress.com

"There is pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know."  John
Dryden