RE: Turning brake rotor

To: "Douglas Shook" <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: RE: Turning brake rotor
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:05:58 -0700
> After reinstalling the rotors, the brakes had never been
better -- I mean they felt smoother and more positive than
they have   > in five years.

> I guess what I am trying to say here, is that there is
little reason not to turn the rotors if the person doing the
job knows
> what he is doing.

Your second sentence is the problem.  First, I would suspect
it is hard to find someone who knows what they are doing, I
haven't found that person.  Second, you don't know that they
don't know what they are doing until it is too late.

Sorry to sound so cynical but my experience with turning
rotors has not been very good.

Larry Hoy