New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.
From: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:48:47 -0700
Hello,

I decided to de-lurk and let people know about my initial impressions of
my new impact wrench.  It seems that "the" one to buy is the IR 2131 and
I almost bought one... But while looking for the best price I ran across
a new model and decided to give it a try.

http://www.irtools.com/2135Ti/2135Ti/template.htm

I was impressed.  My lug nuts are torqued on to 155 ft/lbs and this gun
went "twak-twak-twak-ziinggggg" (that is 3 whacks and then nut is spinning
at a very high rate of speed)  This was all on the "low" setting.  I have
never used the 2131, but this is the fastest gun I have used.  I haven't
professionally turned wrenches for almost 20 years.

Disclaimer: I don't sell tools or benefit from tool sales.  I just like
the one that I bought, your mileage may vary, etc.

Question 1:
I am looking for a "good" brand of ratchet handles?  I found that my
toolbox is oriented toward smaller cars (and I have a F350 now...) and
broke two 3/8 ratchets (one craftsman and one no-name).  I don't want to
start a brand war... I have a few snapon ratchets, and am looking for
suggestions for good high torque 3/8 and 1/2 ratchets (and source of
sockets).  I like my snap-on stuff, but it is really spendy, and since
I am not a "shop" I need to track down a snap-on man and he acts like
he is doing me a favor selling something to me...  (Extra credit: I
am also looking for a low range torque wrench (5-60 ft/lbs?)

Question 2:
I want a lift and have almost convinced SWMBO that "we" need one...
Unfortunately, I don't know where I want to put the lift (it could
go in one of 4 different locations :-) My truck weighs about 8000 lbs
empty so I need  9k or 10k lift.  I have decided that I want a 2 post
lift, and I want arms that have the flip up pads rather than the
pin type pads.  I know that some 4 post lifts can be put on casters,
is it possible to have a "mobile" 2 post lift?  Any recommendations
on brands/dealers (either positive or negative)?

Thank you for you time.

Stuart.