Re: Cockpit heat

To: Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cockpit heat
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:30:17 +0000
I descided a while back my Spifire needs the same treetment as your's
sometime!  First thing to check is the linkage on the heater valve realy
closes it.  Then you have theck the condition of your gear box tunnel
cover.  If it's one of these fiberglass replacements, then they don't
insulate that well, and you need to add some insulation, like a form of
felt, both for noise and heat.

You can get some thin foam, with a reflective foil flexible sheet (role)
insulation.  It is designed to go between your radiators, and walls in
your house.  This stuff has found it's way into various bit's of my car.

I was also looking at an exhaust wrap to keep the heat out of the engin
bay.

The other thing I thaught of was putting some felt or somthing under the
bonnet pressing.  This was to stop some of the un-wanted engin noise.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot