Cockpit heat

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cockpit heat
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:58:30 PDT
Ok guys I've been quiet for awhile so that means I've actually been
working instead of asking questions.  I am fairly satisfied that
everything under my hood err bonet is working "correctly" so now its on
to cosmetic and creature comforts.

First order of business is to figure out how to turn off the oven effect
that the firewall of my car has.  It feels like I have the heater on or
something and on black vinyl you will cook after a few minutes.  I
remember reading about some ppl using insulation of somesort to combat
this but I don't have any specifics.  So what I need is some good home
remedies to this.  Aesthetics under the hood is of little value to me.
I'd rather be cool than have a pristine engine bay.

thanks

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
Emerald Green, 72 Spitfire