Re: Cockpit heat

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Cockpit heat
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:49:49 -0400
I have the newer plastic trany tunnel and have insulated it with product for
heating ducts. It is two layers of foil with plastic bubbles in between (just
like bubble-wrap). It works great and is also a noise barrier. You can get the
stuff at Home Depot.

There is another trich to use on long trips. I haven't tried it myself but
others have recommended to me. Get a lenght (3 feet?) of flexible heater duct or
dryer hose. Jam one end between the driver's mirror and the door post. SHove the
other end down into the foot well. Presto! Forced air circulation while
underway.

I'd love to be able to cut a hole in the footwell somewhere to get a flow of
fresh air. I just haven't the guts to carry this through as it would not be
"stock" and I'd hate to end up with a hole that didn't work.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario