Re: Electric Fuel Pump

To: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 11:22:05 -0800
Bob,
Think about this:  If the fuel pump doesn't operate unless the engine is
running, and if there is no fuel in the carb prior to starting, how is
it ever going to get pumped there?

My suggestion is to forget the oil pressure switch and connect it
directly to the ignition switch or some circuit that is live only with
the switch on.

Most electric fuel pumps make a clicking noise so there is no doubt when
it is running.

Regards,
Joe

Bob Norway wrote:

> All,
> I'm in the process of installing an electric fuel pump in my 76 1500.
> Instructions say to hook the positive lead to the oil pressure switch so
> that the pump won't run unless the engine is running. Which side of the
> switch should I connect it to (I have 3 terminals), and/or is there an
> alternative method of connection to insure it doesn't run unless the
> engine is running?
>
> TIA
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Bob Norway
> Rockledge, Florida
> Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
> ICQ# 3752712
> ***************************
> TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
> http://www.seacoast.com/~jsweet/brotherh/index.html
> Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
> 432 AMS/Autopilot
> ***************************