Re: Electric Fuel Pump

To: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:33:06 -0800 (PST)
Bob,

My '77 has an electric fuel pump... it operates directly off the
ignition. A real advantage of using an electric fuel pump is that fuel
is delivered to the carb(s) BEFORE CRANKING. This allows for faster
starting, which of course is very good for your engine. I wouldn't tap
off the oil sender, better off running direct.

I think the float in your carburetor should shut down the fuel intake
even with your motor not running.

Good Luck...

--Rick