Re: Electric Fuel Pump

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 14:32:08 -0500

Joe Curry wrote:

> Bob,
> Think about this:  If the fuel pump doesn't operate unless the engine is
> running, and if there is no fuel in the carb prior to starting, how is
> it ever going to get pumped there?
>
> My suggestion is to forget the oil pressure switch and connect it
> directly to the ignition switch or some circuit that is live only with
> the switch on.
>
> Most electric fuel pumps make a clicking noise so there is no doubt when
> it is running.

Joe,
I would imagine the same way as a mechanical pump. Now I might be wrong, but I
thought the fuel is in the carb bowl to get the engine started at first. That
is unless you've also got a leaky bowl problem.

I'm just thinking that if the engine stops, and for some reason I don't turn
the key off right away, the electric pump is going to build up pressure and
blow something out. Or am I just being a bit over protective?

Cheers
--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.seacoast.com/~jsweet/brotherh/index.html
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249