Re: Radio Installation

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio Installation
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:54:25 -0500
I have a Sony CD in Freddy - I have the original radio mounting bracket thing -
I just had to file it out a bit to fit. I can't change CD's in 1st or 3rd, but
that is no big deal. I highly recommend one of the models with the "anti-skip"
3 sec. memory feature. For speakers I originally had 6x9's mounted in boxes
behind the rear seats until they were stolen. Sounded fine but took up a lot of
valuable cargo space! I found a set of surface mount Jensen's at Sears that fit
nicely into the two package shelf area's behind the dash - they sound just as
good and take up much less space. High fidelity doesn't matter much in a
Spitfire at speed! I also bought another set to go behind the seats, but have
not installed them yet. I may not bother...

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit of many model years