Re: Radio Installation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio Installation
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:44:23 -0000
When the car is in first, second or third it means you are not crusing, I
find I never want to chainge the CD when I am not crusing.  So beaing unable
to chainge in third and first is compleatly unnessecery.

This reminds me, don't put the speakers on the rounded bit of hardboard to
the sides of the car, they sound crap and get in the way of the hood if your
unlucky.  My plan was a plank of wood and mount the speakers at each end,
this plank of wood would fit behind the seats parrallel to the floor in the
hood stow area.  Then a side would be made to fill up the gaps lefed each
side of the hump of the transmition tunnel.  I will then seal the area in
and put a tuning port.  Theory is that you have one large sealed enclosure
speaker cabinate opposed to two smaller ones.  With the correct drivers (not
car ones, but home speakers) you should get a good sound.