Re: High School Spit abuse

To: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Subject: Re: High School Spit abuse
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:00:28 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 SpitfireKP@aol.com wrote:

> I was very upset yesterday when I left school to find that a number of
> "fukking" football players had decided to relocate my car in the parking lot.
> This was not a personal attack or anything; the diminutive size of the
> Spitfire must have inspired them to pick it up and move it. Actually I do not
> know if they slid it, rolled it, or picked it up. Regardless, I was very upset
> by this.

I guess I understand your feelings towards such reprehensible actions. On
the other hand, in a way it's nice to know that some traditions never
change. This happened to me on several occasions with my Herald in high
school, and that was 1970! In truth, many's the time that I and only one
other reasonably strong person would each grab a rear wheel arch of a
Spitfire and "work" the back end around to a different position relative
to the starting point. It's especially useful if even the tiny turning
circle isn't small enough to put the car where you want it in, say, my
barn (which you'd have to see to understand why this maneuver was
occasionally needed).

As for motion sensor/alarms, isn't that what most car alarm systems have
as one feature? Seems to me that a simple inertia switch wired to a
suitably disgusting-sounding air horn would do the trick. On the other
hand, "boys will be boys"! :-) (And I was too small in high school to
"fight back" when my Herald was relocated anyway.)

--Andy