RE: whining noise

To: "'John Hobson'" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: whining noise
From: "Norby, Mark A" <NorbyMA@LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:10:49 -0600
John:

Try putting Liquid Wrench around the plug for several days, then use a
7/16'" wrench if it fits the square plug tight.  If not, use an 11mm and tap
it on tight with a hammer (this is to prevent it rounding off the plug, or
flying off and injuring your hand).  Next, fit a piece of copper water pipe
or small conduit pipe over the wrench (flatten it a little at the end to
slip over the wrench).

There are square and 8-point sockets, but these are hard to find, and it
makes it difficult to get in where you need to work (as you noticed the
space is tight, and not much room to get much turn angle on the wrench even
when you've got enough torque).

Initially, torque the plug in the CW direction, and alternately hit the
wrench or pipe with a hammer to shock it, with plenty of Liquid Wrench and
time on your side.

Good Luck!

-Mark