Re: 1500 Cylinder head

To: Ken C <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>, Spit Elist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Cylinder head
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
My 1500's 7.5:1 compression ratio will help with that
problem. Proper mapping of the air fuel ratio and
spark timing in the engine management system, along
with a knock sensor ought to address knock.

There are turbo Civics running 10:1 compression and 20
lbs of boost on the street. The precise control of
electronic engine management makes it possible.

But it can take a lot of testing and tuning to get
things set up right. And mistakes can eat motors.

Truthfully, I do not know yet. I will use the lowest
octane that runs properly. Adaptive ECU and knock
sensors *should* allow 87 octane, though maybe at
reduced power and driveability.

I'm not looking for outright horsepower, I want to
substantially fatten up the stock torque curve in the
midrange.

To misquote,
'Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races'

Carter