Re: 1500 Cylinder head

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Cylinder head
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:12:44 -0700
Jason,

The 250hp remark was a facetious reference to an old thread about the Honda
S2000 which produces 240hp from a 2000cc engine. I am hoping to, someday,
find one in a bone yard, recover the drive train and drop it into the Spit !

It would be difficult to generate that much hp from the 1500, I would guess
maybe 125-135hp with a lot of work (read money) and not very streetable. At
Triumphfest, Kas Katner talked about that level of hp but with almost 13 to
1 compression among other things, not feasible on today's gasoline.

Maybe with a NOX bottle, for short bursts ?!?! Even that would be hard, the
best NOX setups typically double the hp. Turbo or superchargers, again,
double hp.

So, with ultra high compression, radical cam, NOX, supercharger, alcohol for
fuel, you could get 200 plus hp. And it would last maybe 500 yards !! :)
Pieces would be everywhere !

I figure my 1500 should produce, maybe, 65-70hp. But, please, I am not an
expert. Others on this list have forgotten more about Spitfires than I know.

Ken C
'72 Spit