Re: 1500 Cylinder head

To: Ken C <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Cylinder head
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:18:35 -0700
Ken and all.  The 1500 is deeper than it's cousin from a 1296.  Comparing the
two, one will notice a very sizable difference in the
depth of the two.  This in itself accounts for a major difference in the
compression ratio.

But the 1296 engine uses smaller valves than the 1500 (particularly the '75
edition).  So I used a 1500 head on my 1296 race car
engine.  This made it necessary to cut the head down severely in order to make
it start at where the stock head was.  Further shaving
and also decking the block while using flat pistons yields about 11.6
compression ratio.

I think that is what you saw as a comparison rather than different versions of
1500 heads.

Joe