GT6 doors on a Spit tub.

To: marks_fred@yahoo.com
Subject: GT6 doors on a Spit tub.
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:00:28 -0700 (PDT)
"Someone want to tell me if I'm going to have a
problem
using roundtail GT6 doors on a squaretail spitfire
tub?  I've got the doors in storage or I'd stick one
on myself to be sure.  Will the tops of the vent wings
line up with the windshield frame?  How about the
height of the door glass, will it mate up with a
squaretail's hood when closed."

Well, it's like this.  The windshield frame is no
problem.  The extra 2" of depth was added to the
bottom at the cowl.  That is why square tails have a
welded on windshield frame.

The side glass on the doors is another issue.  The GT
had a sloping roof and the side glass is not as tall
in the rear as the spit's.

Now Hot rodders manage to get tempered glass made for
their chop tops.  Maybe you can take the Spit side
glass and have it cut to fit with the GT vent windows.
 That would be unique.

Mk3/ Mk2 GT side glass makes no difference.

Good luck.

Jason
GT6
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/