Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 22:43:16 +0100
Dear All,

Ron has been trying and failing to send the following to the list.
Could this be because he is using the dreaded HTML format for mail?

                                                            Michael,
         My mail to the list hasn't been going through - most likely as
    a     result of the MSN tag line at the bottom that can't be removed
    due     to MSN Explorer which I'm currently forced to use.
    You might mention to the list the following URL:

    http://hometown.aol.com/britcarmuseum/mautos.html         It has a
    photo of one of the most original '78 Spitfires around -     Inca
    Yellow with matching hardtop - in fact, the hardtop has never
    been removed and is now the first car in the Briutish car museum
    that is being started in Dayton, OH.
                                                   Amazing car - sold
    for $9,000 - and could have fetched more except     that everyone at
    the auction knew that the folks starting the museum     wanted it as
    their first acquisition.
                                     I used to have two '80 Spitfires -
    a Brooklands Green and an Inca     Yellow.  I had a black hardtop -
    I liked the contrast and was able     to switch the tops from one
    car to the other.  Would not have been     able to do that if the
    top had been green or yellow!         Regards,    Ron Fowler

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001