Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Hard-top Questions
From: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 12:34:24 -0400
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

> In article <LAW2-OE4K8r6beUzmRf0000035c@hotmail.com>, Suzie
> <suzie_bear@hotmail.com> writes
> >
> >Michael wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW, I'm having second thoughts about having my hard-top sprayed to
> >> match Carly's Inca Yellow - not least because I have been quoted GBP160
> >> to do it.   Black, however, would simply go on on top of the existing
> >> red...   What is the opinion of the list?   Would a black hardtop on a
> >> yellow Spit look daft, or classy?
> >>

> >It'll look great, the Mk IV I had 10 years ago had that colour combination
> >and really looked 'the bizniz'. I  liked the fact that the hardtop was
> >covered with black vinyl so there wasn't too much difference in the general
> >impression between having that fitted or the soft top during the summer - I
> >remember actually having summers all those years ago <g>
>
> You are being very persuasive - but I still have a yen for an all-yellow
> hard-top car.   I have an image in my mind of a yellow E-type with a
> black roof, which looks dreadful!   Maybe the answer is just to slap
> some black paint on it for the moment and then wait until the summer (if
> we get one this year) before stripping all the old paint off and
> painting it yellow.   Of course, if I come to like it black...
> >
> >Somewhere round here I should have a pic of that car, buried a little
> >probably, but when I find one I'll scan it and post it on the TSSC website
> >for you to check out. I'll let you know when I do that.
>
> Please do - I'd love to see what it looks like.
>
> ATB
> Mike
> --
> Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
> published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001:
> http://www.greenhillbooks.com/booksheets/eyewitness_in_the_crimea.html

Michael
If you follow this link to my web site and scroll to the
bottom you can see my red spit with the top painted to match.
I have seen cars with hardtops painted white or black and I
just don't like the look. If the top matches the car it changes
the style of the car instead of looking like a bolt on addition.
Just my $.02 Cdn worth.
Chris Taylor
75 Spitfire
74 TVR 2500M