RE: Chromework and rechroming

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject: RE: Chromework and rechroming
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:22:27 +0100 (BST)
Richard,

Now you come to mention it I think I remember hearing that also...

Well, the right thing seems to be to get the old bumper rechromed - if its
a good old fashioned place that does a good job then it probably is going
to be better than the new bumpers that are being sold with the idea of
getting the most amount of profit out of them - the chrome being applied a
bit mean. And chrome is one of those sneaky types of things that can look
great to begin with and then start to rust later... so it probably doesnt
bother them.

The only reason I can think of going for a new front bumper is because I
have these annoying holes in mine - looks like someone has mounted extra
headlamps at some point... I thought that perhaps to get rid of the holes
I should mount some headlamps... but thats just daft...

James