Re: Left Lane Cruiser!

To: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Left Lane Cruiser!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 20:50:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Les Myer wrote:

> ps. Anyone know the published top speed of the 68's with 3.9 gears - did
> the emissions equipment slow them down considerably or are they supposed to
> have a higher top end than the 67 with 4.22s?
>
> Les Myer

Les

My 67 peaked out at about 115 mph, dead stock, 4.22 gears, down hill with
the wind.
No other *stock* Sprite or Midget that I have driven as ever made it past
95mph. The 67s were the fasted of the bunch.
Having a 4.22 diff with a 1275 and a 5 speed, I am considering swapping
diffs to a 3.9. 1st is quite low in the 5 speed.
I already run a 3.7 diff in my other Bugeye with a 1275 and can cruise the
left lane at 80 mph all day. The 5 speed is about the same with a 4.22
diff. I can not give rpms because all my tachs are off just a wee bit. I
did try the electronic gismo swap that I read about on the Healey list but
that just cooked the tach. So I use the original electronics and live with
wrong readings.