RE: Left Lane Cruiser!

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: RE: Left Lane Cruiser!
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:46:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Fastest I've been in a Midget is 125 MPH, at the bottom of the Dip at Road
Atlanta.  Car was 1962 Midget Mk 1, 1275 race motor, 4.22 diff, 8000 rpm,
and speed was calculated using tire circumference.  Personally, it was
exceedingly fast, as those who know Road Atlanta will be familiar with the
bridge that you have to go under that looks very much seriously in the way
at that point!

Frank, while writing this I decided to see what RPM you would have been
doing to do 115 MPH, assuming tires anywhere near stock size, and came up
with 7360 RPM. Higher than I would have thought a stock 1275 would pull!
Must have been a great hill ;)

Brian