Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:44:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Just one more thought -  I firmly believe that tailgating and pointless
lane changing is what causes the most accidents and road rage.  As Daniel
points out, it is a two sided coin.  Those in the left lane should always
give way to to approaching vehicles, no argument from anyone.  Regarding
poor weather driving, I've seen awful habits in extended time in
Upstate/Downstate NY, Ontario, and the Southern Rockies as well as Canada.
Idiots stopping in traffic lanes is not even worth discussing.  For the
rest of us, know that when you are traveling 60 mph, that's 88 feet per
second.  70 mph = 102 ft per second.  In 100 ft or less visibility (like a
good FL rainstorm), regardless of ABS, handling limits of the car, etc.,
physics is physics and that's an unsafe distance/time to try to alter the
momentum of a 3000+ pound object on slick tires with wet brakes, etc.