Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)

To: "Daniel Thompson" <dthompson@gbc.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:12:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Anyway, that's the story. I know that holiday drivers on the I-95 certainly
>do not represent a cross section of spridget listers but do they represent
>a cross section of the average american driver?
>

>Daniel Thompson
Glad you made it safely. And to answer your question - unfortunately yes.
It has been my experience, and I have driven from sea to shining sea,
that the majority of drivers in all parts of this country are like what
you experienced. One area, that is no where near as bad, is in the Rocky
Mountain States. Montana, Wyoming and Colorado (Never been to AZ or NM)
Those folks seem to recognize when and where to pass and which lanes are
for whom. I guess that it comes from living in an area where there are
miles and miles of nothing much but miles and miles.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu