Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:58:18 +0000
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

I think my most favorite trip had to do with going through Houston,TX
during rush hour after one of the ten year freak snow storms.  You mean
you have to go 45 mph in a snow storm?  It was a great lesson in how to
avoid others doing donuts in the middle of the freeway.

I was going over a pass in Oregon two years ago and had the wheels start
to lock up and sliding in the snow, (they don't use salt).  I turned
into it and it went the other way, tried again and again, on a steep
pass.  It turned out the engine had died and I couldn't hear it over the
roar of the tires.  When I put the clutch in she recovered nicely, I'm
just thankful I didn't take the short cut over the side.

I've learned to to just chill when I'm driving in traffic or with other
morons on the road and when I meet some jerk who won't let me by, It's
time for a lunch break.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby