Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tales from a 1700 mile journey (long, low LBC content)
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:07:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
> Lesson#1: people in Florida are not used to driving under difficult
> conditions. We hit 6 or seven violent rainstorms, visibility only about
100
> feet at best.

Child's play! We get zero-vis all the time.  I've never seen the "stopping
on I-95" bit in 8 years here.  Guess I'm lucky, or the visibility was too
bad for me to notice them ;-).  If you think the driving was bad this
weekend, you should see it in January when the blue-haired snow birds come
down in their white Sedan DeVilles with red leather interior.  It isn't
pretty.  Thankfully I don't live in a tourist town where the average age of
the snowbirds is 157 (one of "God's Waiting Rooms," as we year-rounders
call them).  Not quite as bad as when I'd spend the weekends in Greenwich
Village while dating the future Mrs. Soave driving an MGB, but close.

Ron
Melbourne, FL