No seatbelts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: No seatbelts
From: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:06:49 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
First thanks for all the responses to my post earlier this week
(Makin' Trouble!).

The problem: my car (67 sprite "Stinky") has no seat belts.

I notice two eye bolts (bolt with round hole at the end) behind each
seat -- one coming from the drive-shaft tunnel, one coming from the
outside wall (?!).

Question: Are these the original mounting hardware for seatbelts?  Or
a better question might be did this car have factory seat belts?
(Sorry I wasn't around in 67)

Question2: Does anyone have advice on what I ought to install to
protect my precious body?
Does anyone have any belts from a parts car they would like to sell?

Thanks,
Justin