Re: No seatbelts

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: No seatbelts
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:14:36 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin Cook wrote:

> Question: Are these the original mounting hardware for seatbelts?  Or
> a better question might be did this car have factory seat belts?

Justin

67 seat belts were dealer options. They had clips for a quick fit to the
eye bolts in the tunnel and inner sill. (lap belts only)

> Question2: Does anyone have advice on what I ought to install to
> protect my precious body?
Side impact air bags, dual front air bags, crumple zones, collapsable
steering column, padded dash, roll bar, 5 point safty harness, fuel cell
with proper shut off valves, inertia switch,

Any NEW lap belts will work, you may not find the clip on type but the
eyebolts unscrew and new bolts will fit the hole.
I pick up seatbelts from late model wrecks at the junk yard like 3 point
retractables for a 59 A40! Just wipe the blood off! Some of the junk
sold by auto parts stores are really just for looks, be carful what you
buy.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ