RE: No seatbelts

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No seatbelts
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:45:07 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Justin

That sounds like the normal mounting arrangement. Mine aren't eye-bolts
though, but they probably aren't original either. If you replace the bolts
make sure you don't use cheap hardware, use grade 5. The one that comes in
through the tunnel was a pain on my car, it was tough to get at that nut in
the tunnel, but it was doable.  Many recommend against using old seatbelts,
the fabric degrades with time and exposure to sunlight. I got mine new from
Sports and Classics, see my earlier post on vinyl tops for the address and
phone. You can order a couple of different mounting styles. Mine are
three-point belts - the shoulder harness attaches to the chromed nuts on
top of the wheel arch (you'll need big washers - again buy quality) They
aren't inertial reel belts, the kind that reel up into a housing when not
in use. This means you have to be careful not to let them get grubby when
they're lying around in your car, but it also means that they hold you in
place well if you adjust them down tight while driving.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget