Hardtop Differences and Value - Need info...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hardtop Differences and Value - Need info...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:09:05 -0400
Cc: michael.graziano@csfb.com
Hey all.

I just tentatively agreed to buy a factory Midget hardtop, unseen.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between hardtops?  Are they year
specific?  I have a '78.  If there are different characteristics for early or
later cars,  which characteristics do I need to look for.  THe woman I spoke to
doesn't know if there is a difference between years.

It has no dents, and original glass.  Not sure on the hardware.  I assume the
rubbers will need to be replaced.   WHat does a factory hardtop look like.  She
says it's factory,  but I want to be able to make sure.  ANyone have pictures?
How difficult and expensive is it to find the hardware,  if it's not there?

And what's a fair price for a factory hardtop in the above condition?

It's located in Durham SC.  I'm up here in Brooklyn.  Is there anyone local
that can take a look at it?  She won't have it for another week or so.  Someone
bought it from her, thinking that it would fit a B.  He's returning it one day
next week.

And Susie's doing OK, for all that want to know.  But she definitely requires
too much time.  Means less time on my LBC.

Michael
'78 Midget