Tie Downs - Part 2

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tie Downs - Part 2
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:06:40 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about tie downs for my
Sprite in the enclosed trailer.

After spending some time in the trailer, I'm doing the following (any advice
telling me this is a *really* dumb way to go is very welcome)...

I mounted two pressure-treated 4x4 on the floor of the trailer so that when
I drive the Sprite into the trailer, I have about a 1/2" gap on either side
of the tires.

I mounted a pressure-treated 4x4 on the floor in the front of the trailer
where I want the Sprite to stop when I drive it in.  The trailer is just
long enough for the Sprite -- I have about 2" of clearance front and back.

Once I drive it in, I put one more 4x4 behind the rear tires using some long
bolts and pre-drilled holes.

Sprite goes in neutral with the emergency brake on.

It's not going anywhere (near as I can tell) now.  There's no stress on any
of the components (except perhaps the tires -- but not much there).  The
suspension can do its thing since nothing is holding it down.

I'm going to do one safety chain to the rear axle (being careful of the
brake lines) just as a precaution.

What do you think?  Am I totally off-base here or will this work?

Regards,
Robb